Does anybody else’s mouth water when they scroll through Pinterest looking at all these amaaazing Brownie photos? Everyone loves a good brownie recipe and if it’s guilt-free, even better! I came across this recipe when my boss sent me a link for all these amazing Paleo recipes.
Two of them stood out to me the most (unfortunately I can’t remember the website, sorry!). One being Baked Eggs in Portobello Mushroom caps (Which I highly recommend. Super easy and delicious) and the other was this Brownie Recipe with only a few ingredients. If have made Raw Deserts in the past you will probably have these ingredients stashed away in the pantry.
1 Cup pitted medjool dates
1 cup mixed raw walnuts & almonds
1/4 cup raw cocoa
2 rip bananas
1/2 cup raw cocoa
4 tbsp raw almond butter
4 tbsp raw honey
- Place all base ingredients into a food processor and mix until well blended.
- Spread mixture into the base of a glass or metal tray.
- Place all top ingredients into a food processor and mix until well blended.
- Evenly spread top layer over base layer in your tray and place in the freezer for 30 minutes
- Cut into squares and serve.
Store in fridge or freezer ready for when you need a little pick-me-up.
I have yet to try this recipe myself but all of these raw desert recipes are good fun to fiddle around with and add whatever you like.
Try your hand at this simple recipe this weekend and I would love to know how you go!
I’ve got another recipe in mind, Banana Peanut Butter Ice-cream. What!! Comment below if you want me to publish this one too! :)